Duties of the Semi Senior Accountant position
Our client is currently recruiting for a pro-active, Semi-Senior Accountant to join their independent organisation. The successful candidate will play an integral part within the existing accounts team in delivering compliance services and audit preparations to the client base. Along with a competitive salary, you will also receive free car parking, study support and excellent prospects for progression.
As the Semi-Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting on a portfolio of clients throughout the year
- Preparing of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Preparing Corporation Tax Returns
- VAT Return preparation
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve technical issues which may arise
- Preparing client deliverables and building relationships with the client (including their staff)
- Audit preparation within different sectors
The successful candidate for the role of Semi-Senior Accountant will have:
- Experience in a practice environment
- MUST have a good working knowledge of IRIS
- Ideally AAT qualified, progressing onto ACCA (study support will be provided where required)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with clients of all levels
- Ability to prepare accounts up to review stage; prep management accounts, VAT returns and all usual semi senior tasks
- Audit experience is advantageous
- A UK Driving license and access to a car
In return the Semi-Senior Accountant will receive a basic salary of £25,000 – £30,000pa depending on experience. Working hours are Monday – Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm.
Please Note: Due to the current Covid 19 Pandemic our application response times will be delayed whilst we reduce staffing levels to a minimum during this period of National Lock Down. We will aim to respond to all successful applications within 5 working days. If you have not had heard from us after this time, you should presume your application was unsuccessful. By applying for this vacancy, you are giving permission for Midas Recruitment to contact you and retain your details.
Salary for the Semi Senior Accountant position is £25000 - £30000 per annum.