Duties of the Project Technologist - Non Food position
Our Global client is seeking a Product Technologist – Non-Food to join their ever-growing team with excellent progression opportunities. The successful candidate will support the Buying teams with the development of new and existing products whilst completing technical projects and reports.
As the Product Technologist you will be responsible for:
- Actively participating in sampling and providing feedback as part of product evaluation
- Acting as an advisor for product quality, corporate responsibility and technical requirements, alongside the QA and CR department
- Liaising with Buying Directors across relevant commodity groups to drive opportunities for quality improvements
- Ensuring all products meet defined quality attributes in line with the chosen benchmark
- Developing relationships with supplier technical teams to facilitate direct communication in relation to product development
- Conducting quality assessments of products and overseeing quality management throughout the product development lifecycle as directed by the Buying Director
- Communicating effectively with all key stakeholders in the process – both cross functionally and at all levels within the business
- Providing a link between the technical service provider and the supplier to facilitate collaborative working
- Keeping the QA Manager and CR Manager up to date with any relevant technical information
- Ensuring that all product quality parameters are developed in line with QA and CR policies
The successful candidate for the role of Product Technologist will have:
- A-level qualifications or equivalent
- Relevant experience within Core Non- Food industry experience
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines
- Presentation skills
- The knowledge needed to represent the company at business meetings and supplier visits
- Knowledge of IT, including MS Office
In return the Product Technologist will receive a basic salary of £39,865 rising to £43,765 per annum.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 48 hours of your application, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful.
Salary for the Project Technologist - Non Food position is £39,865 rising to £43,765 .