Duties of the Payroll Manager position
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, a well-known Sporting Hospitality and Events company based in Birmingham for a Payroll Manager to join their hardworking, established team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an excellent business on a Fixed Term contract. The company are also open to part-time workers.
As the Payroll Manager you will be responsible for:
- Running 3 in-house payrolls
- Verifying and inputting payroll information received from department managers, employees, HMRC, courts and any other sources (including starters and leavers)
- Running and checking the payrolls
- Preparing reports for the Financial Controller to authorise BACS payments
- Producing P45s and e-payslips
- Making RTI submissions to HMRC
- Leading on the renewal and management process of company Benefits e.g. Life Assurance/BUPA/Pension and any other Benefits as determined from time to time
- Managing the Club’s pension schemes including auto-enrolment procedures and ensuring the pension scheme and its benefits to staff are communicated at regular intervals (at least annually) through the provider and ensuring that the pension scheme is still effective and best value for money in marketplace
- Maintaining and managing the Club’s Time and Attendance systems
- Producing payroll accounts reconciliation reports
- Reconciling monthly PAYE payments and producing reports for BACS transfer authorisation
- Managing the tax year end procedures including e-P60 production and new tax year updates
- Producing P11d forms and submitting to HMRC
- Responding to enquiries from HMRC, DWP, National Statistics and other outside agencies
- Dealing with payroll and pension related enquiries from employees at all levels
- Developing and implementing any payroll related projects including legislation changes E.g. including Gender Pay Equality project
The successful candidate for the role of Payroll Manager will have:
- Proven experience of managing all aspects of a large, busy and varied payroll
- Pension administration including auto enrollment
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Ability to manually calculate tax, NI and pension deductions
- Fantastic analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
In return the Payroll Manager will receive a competitive salary dependent upon their experience. Benefits include free breakfast, pension scheme, 2 season tickets and free car parking. Working hours are Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 48 hours of your application, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful. By applying for this vacancy, you are giving permission for Midas Recruitment to contact you and retain your details.
Salary for the Payroll Manager position is Competitive, negotiable dependent upon experience .