Duties of the Food Quality Manager position
Our global client is recruiting a Food Quality Manager to join their Corporate Buying team. This is a great opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing supermarket chains who have over 10,000 stores in 20 countries around the world. Our Client offers car parking, a competitive salary and great progression opportunities.
As the Food Quality Manager you will be responsible for:
- Managing a diverse range of food commodity groups
- Liaising with Technical Service providers and Buyers to develop quality, safe and legal products
- Implementing the defined Quality Strategy
- Supporting the Buying Department
- Interpret legislation in order to ensure that products launched are safe, legal and meet the defined quality standards
- Delivering projects on time and within budget
The successful candidate for the role of Food Quality Manager will have:
- A 2:1 Degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Engineering or Microbiology
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Retail Quality, NPD or Food Manufacturing
- Retail or Supplier food experience
- Experience managing teams and 3rd party technical service providers
- An understanding of EU and UK laws
In return the Quality Manager will receive a basic salary of £52,540 rising to £76,495pa. Working hours are Monday – Friday 8.00am – 4.30pm.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 48 hours of your application, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful. By applying for this vacancy, you are giving permission for Midas Recruitment to contact you and retain your details.
Salary for the Food Quality Manager position is £52,540 rising to £76,495pa.