Duties of the Financial Accounting Coordinator position
Our client, a Worldwide Business located in the heart of Sutton Coldfield are currently recruiting a Financial Accounting Coordinator to join their fun, hardworking team on a temporary contract basis. The company offer car parking, BUPA cover and childcare vouchers along with other benefits.
As the Financial Accounting Co-ordinator you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that reconciliations, accounting policies and procedures are followed at all times, in line with internal control policy
- Reviewing stores sales ledgers and follow up on any exceptions to assure the accuracy of sales and deposit information
- Researching and resolving exceptions and discrepancies by working with operations, finance and GBS Finance UKI colleagues as required
- Maintaining the financial statements of UKI Cost Centres which include the preparation of general ledger entries, month end accruals, prepayments and preparing any adjusting entries as needed
- Producing accurate P&L’s, timely follow-up on their requests and needs
- Carrying out all transactional accounting duties associated with excellent customer communication and effective processes
- Profitability Analysis and Reporting
- Providing support to cross functional teams, both within the department and the broader business
- Undertaking project work, reporting findings and recommendations to Management on a timely basis
- Maintaining and issue a weekly scorecard of results for Management review
- Preparing and researching monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts
- Managing and performing the month end close process to ensure timely, complete and accurate information flow
- Preparing, reviewing and distributing monthly reports that add value and demonstrate timely, accurate and complete accounting
- Providing customer service with a goal of 100% customer satisfaction, using email & phone primarily
The successful candidate for the role of Financial Accounting Co-Ordinator will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and solve service problems to drive results
- An inquiring mind to challenge the status quo and demonstrate relentless continuous improvement
- An active want to develop knowledge and technical expertise in Finance & GBS
- A proven high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- GBS Finance brand ambassador
In return the Financial Accounting Co-Ordinator £23,000pa. Working hours are Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 48 hours of your application, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful. By applying for this vacancy, you are giving permission for Midas Recruitment to contact you and retain your details.
Salary for the Financial Accounting Coordinator position is £23,000 .