Duties of the Accounts Assistant position
Our client, a nationwide company based in Tamworth are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant on a permanent full-time basis. The client is looking for an experienced finance candidate.
As the Accounts Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Checking bank statements
- Updating daily and weekly reports
- Processing purchase invoices
- Entering weekly and monthly journals
- Prepare weekly takings reports
- Account reconciliations
- Reconciling manual excel cashbook to bank
- Reviewing draft balance sheet prior to accounts issue
- Processing AP and GL account allocations
- Ensuring AP invoices and payments all accounted for (review creditor balances monthly)
- Collating back-up and coding of month credit card statements
The successful candidate for the role of Accounts Assistant will have:
- Self-motivated to work unsupervised and be able to hit deadlines
- Competent PC user, including intermediate Excel skills
- Reliable and a good time keeper
- Knowledge of Payroll desirable
In return the Accounts Assistant will receive a starting basic salary of £20,000. Working hours are 9.00am – 5.00pm with 1-hour lunchbreak.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 48 hours of your application, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful. By applying for this vacancy, you are giving permission for Midas Recruitment to contact you and retain your details.
Salary for the Accounts Assistant position is £20,000.