Duties of the Assistant Financial Controller position
Our client, a large corporate company with a family feel are currently recruiting an Assistant Financial Controller to join their expanding team. The successful candidate will be supporting the Financial Controller in the smooth running of the department, to ensure that all transactions are carried out in accordance with company procedures. Along with a competitive salary, our client offers Career Development, a Company Pension Scheme, Employee Awards and Discount High Street Store Cards.
As the Assistant Financial Controller, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring daily revenues are checked and controls are in place
- Producing Daily Revenue Reports for HODs meetings
- Allocating Purchase Orders after reviewing monthly budget
- Matching invoices received with Purchase Order/Coding accurately
- Raising cheque requisitions
- Checking/Posting Daily Banking’s
- Checking Commission
- Assisting Financial Controller with weekly/monthly forecasting
- Assisting FC with month end procedures and producing P&L
- Bank Reconciliations
- Assisting with monthly stock counts
- Reviewing petty cash
- Actioning payroll adjustments
- Reviewing agency costs
- Conducting daily audit and producing an audit report
The successful candidate for the role of Assistant Financial Controller will have:
- Advanced Excel skills
- Studying AAT or ACCA/ CIMA
- Highly organised/strong eye for detail
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Previous experience within Hospitality would be an advantage
In return the Assistant Financial Controller will receive a basic salary of £20,000 – £24,000. Working hours are Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 48 hours of your application, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful. By applying for this vacancy, you are giving permission for Midas Recruitment to contact you and retain your details.
Salary for the Assistant Financial Controller position is £20,000 - £24,000.