Duties of the Accounts Assistant position
Our client, a well-established business since 1930 are currently recruiting an Accounts Assistant to join their entrepreneurial and dynamic team. The successful candidate will be highly skilled with the ability to assist with achieving the company’s strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
As the Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Sales, purchases and nominal ledger management
- VAT reconciliation
- Reconciling bank and credit card statements
- Inter-company transactions
- Preparing and filing of client’s VAT returns
- Managing petty cash and expenses
The successful candidate for the role of Accounts Assistant will have:
- Minimum of 2 years bookkeeping using Xero and SAGE
- Previous experience interacting with clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong interest in owner managed businesses and general commercial awareness
In return the Accounts Assistant will receive a basic salary of £20,000 – £25,000pa depending on experience plus optional salary sacrifice benefits, income protection and death in service benefit.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 48 hours of your application, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful. By applying for this vacancy, you are giving permission for Midas Recruitment to contact you and retain your details.
Salary for the Accounts Assistant position is £20,000 - £25,000.